WRITERS:
check out my new blog for all writing related posts.







Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I’M A LAID BACK LITERARY LADY !

I was just awarded  the “Laid Back Literary Ladies” award, by my  fellow blogger Rosalind Adam.

 

What exactly have I done to deserve the award, I can hear you all asking ………( well there must be someone out there who is asking)

Absolutely nothing . Ros is just a kind friend from way back when.

The funny thing is  Ros, that you probably don’t even realize how ‘appropriate ‘ the description is. People have been known to say of me that I’m so laid back ,I’m almost on the floor ……….what we English usually call a backhanded compliment.

it’s usually said in the same tone as a friend of mine who came to visit many yeas ago when I had a house full of little children – and I much preferred to write rather than do housework (some things never change.)

Businesswoman Working in a Messy Office clipart

She looked around my ‘busy’ ( as in totally chaotic) living room and said the famous words………………….. “Ann you are my role model. I don’t know how anyone can live in this mess and not let it bother them…………..”

Here’s to  many more  Laid-back- Literary –Ladies  and thanks again Ros, for the award.

1 comment:

Rosalind Adam said...

You're very welcome and I'm so glad you're truly laid back. It certainly helps when all around is chaos. (Must practice a bit of what I preach!)